Tuesday 10 February 2015

It's been an interesting couple of weeks...

Yes, it certainly has! Lots of musings, a prat fall and trips to the x-ray department...

I'm not very tech-savvy, and for some reason the photos of Bremen that I took with the camera won't load onto the blog, no matter how much I shout at the computer, but here are a few from my walk along the river the other day:

This boat lives down the road from us. We still haven't ventured on it yet, but isn't it gorgeous!

Along the river, one of the houses has this. Makes me want a cat even more...

This made me stop in my tracks. Having never lived in another country before, I'm so used to seeing war memorials in the UK but I've never stopped to consider that millions of ordinary Germans also died. 

There's quite a lot of marshland here, and on a sunny day the colours are stunning.

It was the first time I've ever seen a frozen river in real life!!!

"Let it go! Let it go!" Too much...?

So yes, it's beautiful here, if absolutely bloody freezing! Walking here is lovely, and it helps me get out of the funny moods I've started experiencing just in the past week. I miss singing so much, and I really hate cold weather, and I miss my friends and family, and I guess you could say I'm in a funk. I just have no motivation to do anything, and there is plenty I could be doing right nowNothing's wrong, and I'm sure I'll snap out of it in the next couple of days. But feeling utterly useless isn't helping...

I feel useless because yesterday morning I fell over in the most ridiculous way. I'd gone downstairs to see the doctor (yep, the doctor's surgery is downstairs), and when I came back inside my glasses were steamed up so I couldn't see anything. I was tidying up in the bedroom, didn't see the corner of the bed due to steamy blindness and BAM! I managed to twist round, banging my head on the wall before crashing it down on the floor. After seeing stars for a few moments I realised the pinky on my right hand was rapidly turning purple and was twisting in towards my hand. Oh dear.

I rushed downstairs (as much as you can rush when you're dizzy) to see the doctor... for the second time in 20 minutes. I explained I'd just fallen and after a quick exam they sent me off to the x-ray department, where they said it probably wasn't broken, but they couldn't be sure.

Anyway, like I said before, now I feel useless. I've had to cancel work for two days because carrying around 11kg babies would be impossible at the moment, I can't do anything around the house, I can't even brush my teeth properly. 


But isn't it a pretty colour?






No comments:

Post a Comment