Friday 30 January 2015

Bloody winter vomiting bug...! (Warning: a bit sweary!)

Good day! It is snowing today in delightful Vegesack and as a result I'm doing my very best to not leave the house until it's stopped/I've run out of food, tea and toilet rolls/nuclear apocalypse. A bit mean of me, I know, but I detest snow. Snow makes my hands turn white with orange and purples spots (thanks, crap circulation). Snow clings to you like a snotty tissue you've accidentally sat on, then leaves your clothes soaking wet because it's basically rain that sticks. When is spring?

Anyway, since I posted last I spent a few days in the UK. What was meant to be a fun weekend of work and seeing friends was RUINED by various bodily functions...

The kids I nanny here are wonderful, but they're very young, and one family has four children under 4. The eldest caught the winter vomiting bug, and as a result it's been flying round the house for at least a fortnight now. Last week, I left them on Wednesday night and flew to London on Thursday morning. By Friday night I was still fine, and I thought I'd gotten away with it, despite having changed nappies every 20 minutes for four hours on one particularly shitty day.

NOPE.

Saturday morning, I woke up feeling groggy and exhausted. I made a cup of tea. The tea lasted less than five minutes in my system before I sprinted to my bathroom, which was actually the fastest I've moved this year so far. By 10.30 I was both shitting water and praying to the porcelain god on a regular basis (thankfully these two never occurred at the same moment), and I continued to do this for 8 hours. Then I slept forever. On the upside, I definitely lost a few pounds and vomiting is a hardcore workout for abs!

I'm back to healthy now and looking after still-sick babies. No wonder they're screaming half the time at the moment. I would too if it were more socially acceptable for adults to scream and yell without the influence of alcohol. Actually, the next time I'm ill maybe I'll just pretend that I'm drunk.

The flatmate with the guitar has left, which means I can no longer practice the shoddiness that was my A major chord, which is really annoying because I was starting to get ever so slightly less atrocious. But on a positive note, one of the mums I work for has lent me her cakepop maker!! I made a batch on Wednesday that were pretty darn good, although I forgot to take pictures, and I'll do some more next week. Or maybe this weekend. Who knows. I'm crazy like that.

So we have a murder of crows that live in the trees outside our flat, and right now they're all crowing really loudly like the beginning of a horror movie. It's the sound of imminent doom. I might just go and check that all the windows and doors are locked. Although, obviously if this was a horror movie that wouldn't matter. Because logic.

I'm off into Bremen tomorrow (if it's not snowing and I haven't been murdered) and I'm taking the boy's camera so hopefully I'll be able to share some pretty pictures next time. But for now, here's some snow on some trees in our garden. Because you've never seen a picture so original:




No comments:

Post a Comment